Advanced Course C# Scripting and Plugin Development for Grasshopper by Long Nguyen (ICD Stuttgart)
Nov 28-30, 2017
10.00h - 18.00h
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel is pleased to welcome Long Nguyen
, research associate at ICD
Stuttgart, for a 3-day Advanced Workshop for Developers
at McNeel Europe in Barcelona.
Building on the introductory course, the 3-day advanced course will focus on advanced aspects of C# scripting and plugin programming for Grasshopper. In addition to going in-depth with Rhino geometries, custom graphics display and Rhino-Grasshopper interaction, we will learn different techniques to vastly improve code performance and significantly speed up execution time (including using multithread parallel computing). The participants will also have the opportunity to kick start the development of their own personal projects under the instructor’s guidance.
• ScriptSync: Using Visual Studio as a replacement C# Code Editor in Grasshopper.
• Custom graphics display (custom colors, materials, styles, etc...)
• Rhino geometries (Curves, Surfaces, Meshes).
• String editing: useful for generating robot/machine control codes.
• Programmatically interacting with Rhino modelling environment from Grasshopper (including geometry baking)
• C# Delegates
• Computational complexity: understanding code performance and scalability
• Spatial Data Structure: using RhinoCommon R-Trees to accelerate 3D searches, proximity checking, collision detection…
• Parallel computation with the .NET Task Parallel Library
• Personal project development
• (Optionally discuss topics requested by the participants)
Max. Number of Participants:
EUR 795 (+VAT); full time students and university teachers will get a 50% discount (proof of status
required). Bookings will be formalised once payment is cleared.
10. If there is no quorum, course will be cancelled 15 days before.Language: